Updated – August 28, 2020
Various Executive Leadership Roles – We are always looking for top-notch (C-Level) executive talent for various professional services environments and/or early stage – venture backed product development companies. You must have a prior proven track record of managing complex organizations with competing priorities. Must be local, no relocation offered; outstanding credentials and superior communication skills required
Financial Services Positions:
Controller – Every once in awhile a special and distinctive opportunity comes around and this is it. We’re seeking an individual for the position of Controller at a small and successful financial services boutique firm in Boston. If you enjoy doing the day-to-day accounting and financial operations activities while keeping an eye on the bigger picture and having a voice at the table as part of the management team…..then this may be for you.
Maybe you’ve worked for a public accounting firm, and assisted clients with their daily accounting operations, or enjoyed building the accounting function for an early stage company, or had a successful record of progressive experience with a professional services firm and come to realize that you are most effective when you are both performing the critical day-to-day aspects while serving as the go-to person for management decisions regarding growth and innovation.
You’ve also had a successful track record of 7+ years of experience in a small to medium sized organization where you had a steady growth curve and demonstrated success and hands-on experience with desktop accounting software, such as QuickBooks, Peachtree, Sage or other similar s/w.
This is a hands-on role requiring both the performance of day-to-day operational functions as well as a strategic advisory role, provide the senior management group with the necessary financial information to continue to make thoughtful business and infrastructure investment decisions. This person will report to the President and will participate in strategic planning initiatives to ensure we are making informed financial decisions that are in the best interests of the firm.
The responsibilities will include include:
- Manage Corporate Accounting functions, including:
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Corporate reporting
- Annual Budget
- Establishing annual billing rates
- Working with Team Leaders on client revenue budgets
- Payroll, including managing year-end compensation and bonus process
- Semi-monthly payroll
- Adding and deleting employees
- D&O Insurance Renewals
- Manage Employee Benefits, including:
- Annual renewal of Health, Vision and Dental Benefits. Analyze options as needed
- SIMPLE IRA plan management and funding
- HRA, FSA and Section 132 Plans
- Corporate Taxes
- Working with CPAs to file tax returns
- Tax Liability Dividends
- Develop, implement and oversee a thoughtfully designed system for measuring various business metrics such as realization, employee capacity, staffing assignments, client profitability, etc.
- Negotiate various contract renewals including:
- Lease negotiations
- Vendor contracts for computer support services, office equipment, and other office service providers
- Manage banking relationships
- Work with management to design and implement client management policies and procedures, including client contracts and renewals, invoicing practices and cash management controls
- Supervise Corporate Accountant
- Technology Oversight/Implementation: The firm is committed to remaining in the forefront of technology and we expect to continue to upgrade and improve the technology we use for client and corporate work. As such, the Financial Controller will be involved with the selection and management of the professionals we use to manage our computer platform. In addition, you will be participating in the testing, selection and implementation of new technologies. Committee Membership: You will be a member of the following committees and may have a leadership role · Risk Management Committee · Technology Task Force · Best Practices Committee
- Minimum 7+ years experience; BA/BS Accounting; CPA designation would be highly desirable; excellent communication skills; Ethical and superior emotional intelligence.
Associate /Accountant – Our client is actively seeking skilled Accounting Associates who are integral members of their client service teams and are responsible for the day-to-day accounting and operations for a portfolio of assigned clients. Associates work closely with the other members of the firm to ensure accurate client-specific accounting and financial administration. In addition to reviewing and processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, making journal entries, and working with budgets, Associates also prepare financial statements (including cash flow reports) and get involved with forecasting, financial statement analysis, tax coordination, and estate administration. Responsibilities include: Manage the full cycle of books and records for assigned clients, including accounting for and reporting on small businesses, planes, boats, investments, real estate, and other assets. Prepare bank reconciliations and vendor reports, identify issues and work with team members for resolution. BS/Accounting; 2 + yrs. experience with G/L and GAAP; hands-on skills in QuickBooks; Excel and the ability to interface with all levels and outside professionals.
Accounting /Manager – Duties focus primarily on over-seeing a team of Associates who are responsible for the day-to-day functional administrative accounting and administrative needs for an assigned portfolio of clients.
Managers responsibilities focus on guiding the team and reviewing the full-cycle of books and records for their clients, which generally includes: managing the bill pay process ensuring for accuracy and completeness; properly recording journal entries for detailed P&L; capturing balance sheet items and identifying tax-deductible expenses as well as preparation of standard or ad hoc client reports. Additional duties may include oversight of other significant items to include, reconciling credit card, bank account and investment activity; assisting with standard and special projects related to a client’s estate planning needs; as well as relevant insurance items regarding various properties and holdings. As your proficiencies, competencies and subject matter expertise develops, you would be expected to take on more complex aspects of our client’s needs and participate more directly with client communications and their external provider network.
BS/Accounting – CPA would be helpful; 5 + yrs. experience with G/L and GAAP; hands-on skills in QuickBooks; Excel and the ability to interface with all levels and outside professionals.
Legal Positions: No Searches presently
Legal Counsel / Contract Counsel – (In-House – Multiple Openings) Exciting new positions for transactional lawyers looking to further their careers in busy corporations …this is a great time to get on-board if you have significant experience in Contracts, OEM agreements, distribution/licensing agreements aneneral transactional and corporate/secretarial matters. Must have significant experience in a broad array of general corporate law matters and contractsgotiations; and advanced counseling skills to work with internal clients; 5+ years experience; JD with distinction; outstanding communication skills; integrity and competenc
Technology Related Positions: No Searches presently
Feel free to call us and inquire about any unlisted opportunities; we are always seeking candidates with experience in any of the specialty areas we represent.
Interested in any of the above positions – please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org